Our van can be hired by any driver that meets the below requirements.
- Be aged between 25 and 75.
- Have held a UK or EU driving licence for at least 2 years.
- Have no more than 6 penalty points.
- You can add a second driver at no extra cost as long as they also meet all the criteria.
- When you arrive, please allow sufficient time to sort out all the documentation.
- We will give you a fully guided handover showing you how all the various bits and bobs on the van work to ensure your comfort and enjoyment.
- We will require 2 items of proof of address
- We also need to check your driving licence with a code obtainable from DVLA
- We have taken the decision for the comfort of all our guests to refrain from allowing pets.
- We don’t want anything to spoil your holiday, but if you do have a bump, please notify us as soon as possible and take photos of the incident.
- We are required by our insurers to pre-authorise a £1,000 security deposit which is taken 3 days prior to your arrival and returned 3 days after you depart.
- The van comes equipped with a combination Smoke and Carbon Monoxide detector
- There is a powder fire extinguisher, fire blanket and basic first aid kit supplied.
- The van has full RAC roadside assistance, and in the event of a breakdown, please advise us, and contact the RAC directly on 0330 159 8714 quoting policy number CRPY22VR01
- We provide almost everything you should need except your bedding and pillows, and towels. For a full inventory of what the van is supplied with download our list.
- Lakes Camper Co Inventory
- You can leave your car in our secure yard which is locked every night.
- The van will be available for pick up from 3pm to 6pm on the 1st day of your hire, please allow approx an hour for the handover.
- We ask that you return the van between 9am and 10-30am on your last day, late returns will be charged for.
The Camping and Caravanning Club Motorhome Hire Scheme
To add value to your camping experience we have been approved as members of The Camping and Caravanning Club Motorhome Hire Scheme, which entitles you to up to 30% off Club Sites and 15% off Camping in The Forest Sites. In your campervan you will find a copy of the Camping and Caravanning Club Motorhome Hire Guide, which lists all participating sites helping you to choose the perfect location throughout your entire journey. You can also find details of their sites on the Club website www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
When you’ve selected the Club Site you’d like to stay on, all you have to do is show them the Motorhome Hire key fob, which you will find on the keys of our campervans, on arrival, or if you wish to pre-book (recommended) then you can use the code we will provide you with to claim your discount. Another great reason to hire your campervan through us!